The Ev. Lutheran Church of Our Redeemer
"Our Redeemer" began in 1934 and
has remained a confessional Lutheran congregation in Peekskill, NY by
the grace of God until the present day.
The Rev. William P. Terjesen, Pastor
- We are a small congregation that worships in an intimate and well appointed sanctuary.
- We are conservative and
confessional: believing, teaching, and confessing the faith in
accordance with Holy Scripture and the Lutheran confessions.
- We are historic and
traditional: making use of the historic church year and lectionaries,
and the classic liturgy and hymns of the Lutheran church found in The Lutheran Hymnal of 1941.
- We are a congregation of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
- Sunday Services are at 10:30am
- Holy Communion is celebrated on the first and third Sundays of each month, and on major festivals. (Communicant
members in good standing in churches in altar and pulpit fellowship
with the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod may commune after making their
presence known to the pastor.)
- We have a Sunday School for
the children of the congregation at 9am on Sundays, and Adult Bible
Studies on Sundays at 9:15am, and Wednesdays at 10am.
Pastor Terjesen has served as Pastor of Our Redeemer for over twenty years.
- He is married and has five grown children and two grandchildren.
- Pastor originally hails from West Hempstead, Long Island, New York.
- He received a B.A. in 1977
from Southeastern Bible College, Lakeland, Florida, and a M.Div. in
1981 from Trinity Lutheran Seminary, Columbus, Ohio.
- Pastor served on Long Island as a pastor in the old ALC and then in the ELCA from 1981 to 1990.
- In 1990, distressed by the
growing apostasy of the ELCA, he entered the colloquy program of the
Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod and was added to the clergy roster of
the LCMS in 1991.
- Pastor is a conservative confessional Lutheran pastor.
- Pastor's email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ev. Lutheran Church of Our Redeemer
714 Hudson Ave.
Peekskill, NY 10566