1. Where wilt Thou go since night draws near,
O Jesus Christ, Thou Pilgrim dear?
Lord, make me happy, be my Guest,
And in my heart, oh, deign to rest.
2. Grant my request, O dearest Friend,
For truly I the best intend;
Thou knowest that Thou ever art
A welcome Guest unto my heart.
3. The day is now far spent and gone,
The shades of night come quickly on;
Abide with me, Thou heav'nly Light,
And do not leave me in this night.
4. Enlighten me that from the way
That leads to heaven I may not stray,
That I may never be misled,
Though night of sin is round me spread.
5. And when I on my death-bed lie,
Help me that I in peace may die.
Abide! I will not let Thee go.
Thou wilt not leave me, Lord, I know.